Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birthday Coupon Turned Right

Buffalo Wild Wings. When I say that restaurant name, what do you immediately think of? Wings, right?

And what's the last thing you would think about? Fudge cake, right? Well I was a little upset when I received a "birthday" coupon for free dessert. Enjoy.

__________________________________________________________

4/18/11 9:03:00 PM via the Buffalo Wild Wings Contact Us

To Whom It May Concern:

Cake, cake, dessert, cake.
Why is cake thrown down our throats when it's our birthday? I am very appreciative of what I have in my life: my rally monkey, my Angels beer koozie, my wrestling mask and my Lakers blanket.

But why does everyone insist that we eat cake for our birthdays? I guarantee whomever is reading this is getting a little uneasy thinking about the time the office has collectively surrounded you, and a cake, to sing you happy birthday.

I go to Buffalo Wild Wings for the wings (and the beer helps), I do not go there for dessert. I am very appreciative the the Birthday coupon for a free dessert, however, I enjoy BWW for it's fried chicken delights.

That being said, do you think I can get something else free other than cake? I mean, I crave cake every now and again, but it's not something I think pairs particularly well with buffalo wings.

I was looking over your menu and I am willing to take on an item that is of equal or lesser value than the free dessert. The fudge cake is 4.99, so by that logic I can take home a dry rub or sauce (and I'll be saving you money because they are cheaper - yay for savings!).

Or I am more than happy to dine on some fries, chips & salsa, buffalo chips, whatever is 4.99 or less.

Please let me know if this is possible, it would be the greatest gift you guys can give me! I don't like cake because it reminds me of 50 Cent... he scares me *sad face*

And please open Brea! (I can help, I'm Mexican)
Love,
Jon
__________________________________________________________

Buffalo Wild Wings Birthday
from Buena Park
to castillo.jon@gmail.com
date Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 7:40 AM
subject Buffalo Wild Wings Birthday

Hello Jon
I read your comment and if you want I can offer you 6 free wings
instead of the cake. Just bring this e-mail with the birthday cake
coupon and give it to a manager and we will take care of it for you.
Thank you
John Bishop
District Manager
__________________________________________________________

from Jon Castillo
to Buena Park
date Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 8:17 AM
subject Re: Buffalo Wild Wings Birthday

Good Morning John,

Thank you very much! This is awesome news, I guess great Johns do think alike!
I look forward to my visit to BWW Buena Park to enjoy the wings!
I think I'll do the wing challenge in your honor (my cousin did it last successfully on Saturday, but he threw up when he got home. His reasoning was that there was "no way" he was going to let them digest. Guess he couldn't handle the "after burn").

Have a Great One,
The other Jon
__________________________________________________________

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "Markos Dragas"
Date: Apr 19, 2011 6:52 AM
Subject: Re: Sharing Guest Feedback
To: "Matt Dragas"
Cc: "louisdragas@socalwings.com" , "wdragas@socalwings.com" , "Heather Duncan"

This guy made me laugh. We should give him a shirt or something...

Thanks,

Markos Dragas
President, the Dragas Group
Partner, Fire & Vine
President/Partner, SoCal Wings
__________________________________________________________

from Matthew Dragas
to castillo.jon@gmail.com
date Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM
subject Fwd: Re: Sharing Guest Feedback

Jon,

I would love to offer you a chance to come back to the restaurant for $25 of wings and a free T-shirt. Please print this out and give it to the manager.

PS. Thanks for making the whole office laugh. :^)-

Matt Dragas, MBA
COO SoCal Wings and Dragas Subsidiaries
297 N State College
Apt 2095
Orange, CA 92868
949.677.3426 Cell
__________________________________________________________

from Jon Castillo
to Matthew Dragas
date Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM
subject Re: Re: Sharing Guest Feedback

Dear Matt,

I think I love you.
Thank you so much! I will kindly take you up on that offer!

And you're welcome, glad I can help with some stress relief through laughter.
Look forward to devouring the wings and wearing my shirt with pride.

If you're around the restaurant when I'm there I'll even buy you a beer.

Cheers,
Jon
__________________________________________________________

The victory pose.

And the victory evidence (receipt on top of free shirt).

2 comments:

  1. Come this September I shall try my luck at free wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! I really don't know what to say but I'm smiling my ass off.

    ReplyDelete